Playa Del Carmen
Eastern Week or Semana Santa in Spanish is such a big deal down here in Mexico!!! These days off for the country is subject to important national migrations all over the country.
These holidays are one of the most popular holidays in Mexico. As everybody has some days off, families gather and travel in some nice and relaxing places. When Mexicans have days off, they usually all leave the cities to reach the sea side of the country. It is the time of mass migration!!
This year, according to the Mexican Secretary of Tourism, the occupancy rate was very high. Many spots were stormed by the flow of one long week-end tourists. Some numbers for the TOP 5 destinations:
|Playa Del Carmen - Semana Santa|
Hotel Coco Rio
- The Riviera Nayarit in Jalisco was 100% fully booked. I hope you did not go there without any reservations…
- Tampico in Tamaulipas had a 98% occupancy rate. Better to have a reservation if you went there...
- Los Cabos in Lower-California a 90% occupancy rate.
- Chiapas set a nice record for its region up to 86%!! A pretty good job for the region!
- Merida, Yucatan and Morelia, Michoacán registered a 85% occupancy rate.
- According to the Secretary of tourism of Quintana-Roo state, Isla Mujeres, Holbox and Tulum had a 100% occupancy rate and Playa Del Carmen and Cancun registered a 90% occupancy rate.
I think we can salute all these good results for the country, the greatjob of all the workers who did not have any holidays to welcome all the tourists.